Sports Briefs

The Miami women’s tennis had its 12-match home-winning streak snapped as the No. 14-ranked Hurricanes were upset, 6-1, by No. 35 Harvard Monday afternoon at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Women’s Tennis Brief
The Hurricanes fall to 4-2 overall while Harvard improves to 4-1 on the season.
Harvard jumped out early taking the 1-0 lead into singles with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
Courtney Bergman and Susanna Lingman defeated Igna deVilliers and Abby Smith 9-7 at No. 1 doubles. Sanja Bajin and Alexis Martire knocked off Melissa Applebaum and Megan Bradley 8-4 at No. 2 doubles Sara Robbins tied the match at one-all with a straight set victory 6-3, 6-2 over Melissa Anderson at No. 6 singles.
The Crimson secured the victory by sweeping No. 1 through No. 5 singles. Bergman and Martire notched three set wins at No. 1 and No. 3 singles respectively. Lingman, ranked #64, recorded a 6-3, 7-5 win over #57 Mari Toro at No. 2 singles.
Eva Wang and Bajin recorded Harvard’s other two singles wins.
Bradley and Applebaum both won the first set before falling in three at No. 1 and No. 3 singles.
Miami continues to lead the all-time series 3-2 over Harvard.
Harvard will be back in action on Saturday when it hosts Boston University at 11 a.m. for its first home match of the spring season.
The Hurricanes are back in action Saturday at 1 p.m. hosting South Florida.

Compiled by the Sports Information Department.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...