News Briefs

50 Cent can purchase a small country’s gun supply (he’s going to need them) now that his debut album, Get Rich or Die Tryin’, pushed 872,000 copies in its first week. So Fiddy, you’ve accomplished your goal of getting rich, what’s next? Hopefully not a requisite quickly produced posse album showcasing your lame crew Gorilla Unit. Yeah? Great. G-Unit!

When they’re not secretly flipping through The Hipster Handbook, Miami’s scenesters are gossiping about the Rapture playing a Winter Music Conference bash at Club Revolver in the coming weeks. What? Iggy Pop’s spinning? That’s deck!

How many film franchises does some-time boozer Ben Affleck need? He worked his mediocre curse on the Jack Ryan series with The Sum of All Fears, L&A hears that Bruckheimer wants a sequel to Pearl Harbor, and now $42 million worth of wankstas went to see Daredevil this weekend. Why doesn’t he do another Kevin Smith film? Really? Cool. With J-Lo? Dude, Kevin Smith sucks.

Level’s first attempt at theatre (we think), “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” has already closed up shop because the tix weren’t selling. We actually heard it was impressive and planned on checking it out. Anyway, Level will probably go back to booking trance, cough, global house DJs who moonlight in electroclash, cough, electro, cough, trance.

The Miami art houses need to use their “pieces” and bring down that killer documentary, Lost in La Mancha, about Terry Gilliam’s botched attempt to make The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. While they’re at it, what’s the deal with Macaulay Culkin’s Party Monster and Larry Clark’s gross-out Ken Park? How much NYC glossy magazine circle jerking must we endure?

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...