News Briefs

Tonight

Yeah, yeah, it’s Valentine’s Day. Buy some flowers, take a walk by the water, eat some overpriced food by candlelight and wine, all that lovey-dovey shit, then hit up the Revolver party at Soho Lounge,175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, with The Mercury Program (these dudes use some crazy vibraphones and bells), and a CD release party for the new album by Nick Cave and Cat Power’s “You Are Free” single. 305-576-1988.

We can’t get enough of English brews and good tunes at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave. All is Well, Dear Starlet and Wasted Circle on stage. Cover varies. Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, February 15
Satisfy your artistic eye at an opening at the Daniel Azoulay Gallery, 3900 A. NE 1st. Ave., Miami. Look through photographs of Marilyn Monroe by Douglas Kirkland and sensual shots of nudes and other by Horst P. Horst. 305-576-1977.

We know at least half of you readers like to pamper yourself to SoBe’s lustrous club scene, so if you do, check out this new spot called Jade, 1766 Bay Road, Miami Beach. This is some upscale, chi-chi type shit, but we’re letting you know because we like to cater to all readers at UM (tongue-in-cheek).

But if you’d rather stick in the know with the alternatives, make your way to Poplife at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, and jam to Sunday Driver performing live and hear a sneak preview to Postal Service’s new album as well. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, February 16
Henry Rollins savages the mic at the Carefree Theatre, 2000 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach. It’s 20 bucks and starts at 8 p.m. 561-833-7305.

Friday, February 21
Santana performs at the American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. $35.30-65.50. Opens at 7:30 p.m.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...