News Briefs

Tonight
Boogie down with Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175-193 NE 36th St., Miami: party with Douglas Road and hit up the CD release parties for indie rapper K-OS, Jimmy Marr and the Healers, and DJ ME DJ YOU. 305-576-1988.

Churchill’s (5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami) is pumping tonight with Gayle Ritt, Soul Machine, Overbored and Carnival Waste. Show starts at 7 p.m. Cover varies. 305-757-1807.

Saturday, February 8
The Marleys, George Clinton with 420 Funk Mob, Steel Pulse and others at Marley Fest, 305 Biscayne Blvd. 305-740-7344.

Life & Art and Rock Star Energy Drinks present “Cabin 5 Billion,” the largest house party in UM history. See feature story in this edition. Is this really happening? Yes.

Are you one of those obsessed fans of reality TV? If you are, then you’re in luck: NBC is auditioning “attractive singles” for “Meet My Folks” today and tomorrow, 8 a.m.-6 p.m at Doubletree Surfcomber1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. Call Zach Johnson at 310-562-9497.

There’s a funky-ass smell in the air and, besides the appearance of George Clinton and 420 Funk Mob at Marley Fest, it’s also going down at Mardi Gras Madness, along the first four blocks of Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, with Funky Blues Messiahs, ZYDECO-A-GO-GO and Night Train from Jupiter. Starts at 6 p.m. 05-659-5980.

Thursday, February 13
Wolf down frozen cocktails with Jimmy Buffet at the American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. $39-$59.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...