News Briefs

Rob Zombie promoted his first flick, House of 1000 Corpses (which is set to hit theatres on March 28), at the Comic Book and Pop Culture Convention at the Pasadena Center in California this past weekend. By making this appearance, the fright-rocker wants to legitimize himself as a credible writer/director.

A new spy thriller, The Recruit, starring Al Pacino and Colin Farrell, debuted at No. 1 in the box office, grossing $16.5 million in its first weekend. It was followed by Final Destination 2–a horror film about death lurking around young people on Spring Break–with $16.2 million, according to studio estimates.

A group of notable American poets, invited to the White House poetry symposium on Feb. 12, were planning to use the event to criticize the administration’s policies towards Iraq. However, when the First Lady heard of this, the occasion was indefinitely adjourned.

Controversial Russian lesbian duo, Tatu, have recently topped the British singles charts, wearing racy school uniforms in their video, while kissing and cuddling. The music group’s been accused of “targeting the dirty old man market” and of “pedophile porn” by child protection agencies and British TV hosts.

Dirty South rapper Juvenile got busted again: the MC and friends were arrested from a Lincoln Town Car during a traffic stop in New Orleans and were charged with possession of marijuana and cocaine. In the past, Juvenile’s been charged with aggravated battery with a bottle, battery on a law enforcement officer, simple battery when he punched his barber, two counts of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in Miami.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...