Guevara was a Tyrant, and Un-American at that

Almost every day, I see a UM student around campus proudly wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt.
Leftist propaganda portrays Guevara as a “freedom fighter” and a champion of the common man. In 1954, Guevara plotted an overthrow of Cuba’s Batista Government in Mexico with then-exiled Cuban revolutionary Fidel Castro. With the successful completion of the coup, Castro’s despotic communist regime took power on January 1, 1959. Guevara was instrumental in shaping the policies of Castro’s Cuba and played a significant role in the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Guevara tried but fortunately failed to export his evil ideals through Communist revolutions in the Congo and Bolivia. Ultimately, he envisioned the spread of Communism throughout South America. With the assistance of the CIA, Guevara was captured and executed by the Bolivian Army in 1967.
Any United States citizen who accepts and lives under the inalienable human rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, yet glorifies Che Guevara-an enemy of the United States and all it stands for-is at the height of hypocrisy.
For the last forty-three years, Castro has ruled a brutal, despotic regime in Cuba. Ask any citizen of Cuba whether Guevara fought for their freedom; they’ll explain they haven’t the freedoms of speech, press, assembly and association. Political dissidents in Cuba are routinely imprisoned, tortured and executed; free and fair elections are non-existent.
Practicing of any religious faith is closely monitored and scrutinized by the regime; clergy and parishioners are subjected to harassment at the hands of government officers. The people of Cuba live in abject poverty in result of the stagnant centralized economy and the regime’s pilfering of any profits.
Furthermore, Guevara’s image dishonors the tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers who died fighting against the inherently immoral Communism system. The glorification of Che Guevara deeply insults both the Cuban exile community and anyone who believes in the ideals of democracy.

Pete Trombadore can be contacted at petetrombadore@hotmail.com.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...