L&A News Briefs

Tonight

Make your way to the Egalitiarian Art Show, one night only, at the Rainbow Building, 1540 Levante Ave., right behind Titanic. Live music by UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, and art by Ashley Saks, Alex Saleeby, Reeve Schumacher, Walter Garcia, Ivan Baez and many others. Montechristo Rum is sponsoring, i.e. FREE DRINKS. This is the spot to be at this Friday night at 8:30 p.m. so don’t miss out!!

Eve performs with Clipse at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tix are $34-$64. Call 305-372-4634.

Get your Friday grooves on with The Stop Motion, Shot Gun Wedding, Vidavox and Suncoup at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Cover varies (never more than $10). Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, December7
Browse through the international art convention, Art Basel, which runs until Sunday, open from noon-7 p.m. and features expos from 150 leading world galleries (Miami Beach Convention Center, Convention Center Drive and Washington Ave., Miami Beach). $10-$15. 305-891-7270.
Also, the Wild Seduction Gallery, 2762 NW 22 St., Miami, hosts Art Attack #1 and Burlesque Nights 8 p.m.-12 a.m.

Station 103.1 presents Buzz Bake Sale 2002 with Cypress Hill, Everclear, Our Lady Peace and others at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach. $36 or $26. 561-793-0445.

Poplife produces The Block Party for NewTimes’ 15-year anniversary. The whole block along Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, will be closed and there will be groups like Rocking Horse Winner, Counterflow artist Induce and visual works by Dustin Orlando, Francesco LoCastro + LEBO, plus a fashion show by M-80. Entrance is free and party starts at 10 p.m. 305-573-8221.

Friday, December 27
Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, celebrates its 2nd Anniversary.

Tuesday, December 31
New Year’s at Bayfront Park Amphitheater’s free bash from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. at 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Damian Marley, Iconz and Betty Padgett & Elements of Funk will perform. 305-358-7550.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...