L&A News Briefs

Tonight

Make your way to the Egalitiarian Art Show, one night only, at the Rainbow Building, 1540 Levante Ave., right behind Titanic. Live music by UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, and art by Ashley Saks, Alex Saleeby, Reeve Schumacher, Walter Garcia, Ivan Baez and many others. Montechristo Rum is sponsoring, i.e. FREE DRINKS. This is the spot to be at this Friday night at 8:30 p.m. so don’t miss out!!

Eve performs with Clipse at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tix are $34-$64. Call 305-372-4634.

Get your Friday grooves on with The Stop Motion, Shot Gun Wedding, Vidavox and Suncoup at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Cover varies (never more than $10). Call 305-757-1807.

Saturday, December7
Browse through the international art convention, Art Basel, which runs until Sunday, open from noon-7 p.m. and features expos from 150 leading world galleries (Miami Beach Convention Center, Convention Center Drive and Washington Ave., Miami Beach). $10-$15. 305-891-7270.
Also, the Wild Seduction Gallery, 2762 NW 22 St., Miami, hosts Art Attack #1 and Burlesque Nights 8 p.m.-12 a.m.

Station 103.1 presents Buzz Bake Sale 2002 with Cypress Hill, Everclear, Our Lady Peace and others at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach. $36 or $26. 561-793-0445.

Poplife produces The Block Party for NewTimes’ 15-year anniversary. The whole block along Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami, will be closed and there will be groups like Rocking Horse Winner, Counterflow artist Induce and visual works by Dustin Orlando, Francesco LoCastro + LEBO, plus a fashion show by M-80. Entrance is free and party starts at 10 p.m. 305-573-8221.

Friday, December 27
Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175-193 NE 36th St., Miami, celebrates its 2nd Anniversary.

Tuesday, December 31
New Year’s at Bayfront Park Amphitheater’s free bash from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. at 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Damian Marley, Iconz and Betty Padgett & Elements of Funk will perform. 305-358-7550.

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

The University of Miami basketball team was unable to overcome Virginia’s pack-line defense in a 59- ...

Even in signing a strong overall class, UM lost out on five defensive targets on National Signing Da ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

Redshirt freshman Alicia Blagg made quite an ACC Championships debut Friday night, capturing a gold ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play a pair of road matches in the Southwest this wee ...

University of Miami football player Deejay Dallas is an active member in the Hurricanes' Studen ...

Canes and Orange battle in noon game on CBS. ...