CHECK YOURSELF: WVUM’s Top 10 of 2K2 Part 1 10 thru 6

Well, the year is coming to an end, and so it’s obligatory that I make a list of the top ten records of the year. Since I’m a lazy bitch, I’m just going to use the list of the radio station’s 10 favorite CDs of 2002, because my list really doesn’t differ much from it anyway. For those of you who still buy CDs, buy these CDs. For those who do all your shopping via SoulSeek, buy these CDs. It’s worth it.

10
Oxes
Oxxxes
Wow. Just wow. If you didn’t see them play the Polish American with Trans Am (Trans Who?), kick yourself firmly in the ass. This is powerfully energetic instrumental music that provides the perfect combination of bookshelf shaking jams and creative dissonance.

9
Songs: Ohia
Didn’t it Rain
Molina and Co. return on yet another fantastic album from Songs:Ohia. In most discussions about the group, the word “haunting” comes up. I can’t say I disagree.

8
Mum
Finally We are No One
Mum’s second album features a lot more organic instrumentation,
making their live show a spectacle to behold. This is the perfect album to “borrow” from your girlfriend and listen to when no one is looking. If you happen to get caught, just say you like it ’cause the twin singers are hot.

7
Hayden
Skyscraper National Park
Easily one of my personal top three for the year, Hayden sequestered himself for three years, and was finally able to emerge with a fluid album. Start to stop, this record is a must-have for cool-weather road trips with the windows down. Shit, this record makes me want to own a Cabrio and make a stupid VW commercial.

6
Sonic Youth
Murray Street
I fought the idea of this album just as much as I tried to fight Wilco’s, but producer/member Jim O’Rourke just ruins my life by making critically acclaimed albums that appeal to even the snobbiest of tastes.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...