She Loves You, yeah yeah yeah

Take a date to Love Night
The Ring Theatre is hoping that local lovebirds looking for a break from the ordinary dinner and a movie will flock to “Love Night,” an evening created to celebrate love and happiness, organisers said.
“This is about giving one night to couples. We’re trying to make it a great evening from beginning to end,” said Karla Hernandez of UM Media Relations.
Love Night will be taking place on the opening night of She Loves Me, a romantic musical based on the same play that generated the film You’ve Got Mail. The play is being presented from Nov. 15 to Nov. 24.
Tuesday’s performance is limited exclusively to University of Miami students. Entrance is free with the presentation of a ‘Cane Card, but Hernandez recommends that students arrive half an hour before the show.
“I think that it’s a good idea because there are so many couples looking for something to do in Miami. They have the chance to be together in a romantic setting,” said sophomore Marvin Roberts.
And the benefits aren’t limited to quality time together.
Each couple in attendance to the show will be presented with a rose. There will also be giveaways from sponsors such as Sephora and the Wellness Center, who will be giving away a free dance lesson.
A seven-day Caribbean cruise donated by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines will be raffled off. Tickets will be sold before the show and at intermission, and the winner will be announced at the final show on Nov. 24.
“It would be an awesome place to take someone on a date because it’s romantic,” said senior Manuel Delemos. “And, the chance to win a trip makes it even better.”
Plans have been proposed for a candidate to be chosen to propose on stage at the end of the evening, but these plans had to be cancelled because of a lack of applicants, but organisers said that they hope that the night will still be amorous for couples in attendance.
“She Loves Me is a delightful romantic comedy filled with thoughts of love and happy ever after,” said chairperson of Theater Arts Vincent J. Cardinal.
“I think it’s a good idea because you get to spend quality time with your boyfriend or girlfriend,” said sophomore Maria Guevara. ” It’s something different to attend instead of the movies.”
Some students said they felt the event was decidedly anti-single.
” I am bitter, and nothing that has to do with love interests me,” said single senior Matt Valero.
But single sophomore, Debbie Beckford had more positive ideas on the show.
” I don’t have anyone, but I would still like to go and get a rose and feel special,” said Beckford.
The program may even inadvertently create some new romances.
Freshman Erica Givens said, ” I’ll love anyone if I get to go to the Caribbean.”
For more information on Love Night or to purchase tickets for She Loves Me, contact the UM Ring Theatre by calling 305-284-3355 or by visiting their website at www.miami.edu/ring.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...