Letter to the Editor

As I crossed US 1 after school last week, my blood boiled with rage. Not because I was annoyed with the endless amounts of toxins I was breathing in standing by the exhaust of 50,000 cars, but because I had just witnessed one of the worst acts of stupidity that I’ve seen in my time here at UM.
I climbed aboard the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle for a quick ride to the garage from the fountain aboard the EXPRESS shuttle. Good for me, right? Not so much.
The shuttle driver, just doing his job, just earning some bucks and trying not to hit anything or anyone, told a certain unnamed student athlete and fraternity member that he would not be able to get off the shuttle at the Hecht Athletic Center being that he was aboard the “EXPRESS” shuttle……and what ensued was a loud, inappropriate battle between this poor man and a self-righteous “frat boy”.
“WHY THE F*** WON’T YOU STOP HERE???? F***ING A**HOLE!!! EVERY OTHER F***ING SHUTTLE STOPS HERE!!!!” Excuse me, buddy, but lay off the epinephrine. The argument continued, and all I wanted to say was, “hey, being an athlete, shouldn’t you be OK with the fact that you’ll just have to walk 5 minutes out of your way? Better luck next time!”
But being the subdued individual that I am, I restrained myself. Finally this highly intelligent individual pressed the emergency exit button and exited in a huff at a traffic light. But not before his final “F***ING A**HOLE!!!” was given to the shuttle driver. He even had the audacity to ask, “DON’T YOU HAVE A CONSCIENCE? I’M GOING TO BE LATE FOR PRACTICE YOU A**HOLE!!!”
Evidently, this guy hasn’t gotten a day past high school. And to think, this is whom I share an education with. Is a beefcake on a power trip worth $25,000? I think not.

Laraine Elizabeth Martin

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...