Sports Briefs

Golf
University of Miami sophomore Tina Miller fired a final-round 79 to finish in eighth-place with a three-round total of 227 at the Pine Needles Collegiate held at Pine Needles Golf Club in Southern Pines, NC.
As a team the Hurricanes shot 319 on Tuesday finishing in fifth-place with a three-round score of 929. North Carolina finished first with a score of 899 while host North Carolina State took second (907).
UM juniors Camilla Hilland and Jazmin Cataldo both finished in a tie for 16th with scores of 233. Freshman Urd Pedersen finished in a tie for 29th (236) while Ashley Lamoureux finished 50th (248).
The tournament concludes the fall season for the Hurricanes. Miami will begin the spring season, Feb. 24-25, at the UCF Invitational in Orlando, FL.

Volleyball
University of Miami volleyball player Marcela Gamarra was selected for Big East Player of the Week honors following a breakout week in which she led the Hurricanes to three wins over Florida Atlantic as well as Big East Conference teams St. John’s and UConn.
During the stretch, the Hurricanes refused to yield so much as a game.
Gamarra led the Hurricanes in the kills category in two of the victories and tied with the other team leaders in one.
Gamarra dominated play in UM’s 3-0 win over Florida Atlantic, generating a match high .486 hitting percentage and match high 19 kills.
In a pivotal BIG EAST win over UConn, Ganmarra led with a match high .387 hitting percentage, a match high 15 kills, and also a match high 11 digs. UConn has traditionally been among the stronger programs in the Big East.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...