Letter to the Editor

The 2002 Homecoming Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of the students and organizations that helped to make this year’s Homecoming festivities the best ever. The amount of participation, event attendance, and spirit that was evidenced was truly record breaking and unparalleled, and all Hurricanes are to be commended for their help in this regard.
We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge and thank over 30 members of the Executive Committee without which Homecoming would not be possible. They were faced with the challenge of having to organize two weeks worth of events in half the amount of time, due to an earlier than usual football schedule, and came through with flying colors.
We understand that nothing is truly perfect and we welcome your suggestions to help make next year’s Homecoming even better. Additionally, if you want to play an integral part in organizing next year’s festivities, we urge you to stop by the Student Activities office to apply for a position on next year’s Homecoming Executive Committee.
Only time will tell how memorable the events of the past few weeks truly were. However, we have great faith that this year’s Homecoming will be remembered as one that united all Hurricanes with the spirit of our alma mater as we journeyed on “The Road Home” to the University of Miami. Thank you and Go Canes!

Sincerely,
Julio J. Barroso and Lucy Evans
Homecoming Chairs

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...