Letter to the Editor

The 2002 Homecoming Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of the students and organizations that helped to make this year’s Homecoming festivities the best ever. The amount of participation, event attendance, and spirit that was evidenced was truly record breaking and unparalleled, and all Hurricanes are to be commended for their help in this regard.
We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge and thank over 30 members of the Executive Committee without which Homecoming would not be possible. They were faced with the challenge of having to organize two weeks worth of events in half the amount of time, due to an earlier than usual football schedule, and came through with flying colors.
We understand that nothing is truly perfect and we welcome your suggestions to help make next year’s Homecoming even better. Additionally, if you want to play an integral part in organizing next year’s festivities, we urge you to stop by the Student Activities office to apply for a position on next year’s Homecoming Executive Committee.
Only time will tell how memorable the events of the past few weeks truly were. However, we have great faith that this year’s Homecoming will be remembered as one that united all Hurricanes with the spirit of our alma mater as we journeyed on “The Road Home” to the University of Miami. Thank you and Go Canes!

Sincerely,
Julio J. Barroso and Lucy Evans
Homecoming Chairs

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...