Watch JFK, there definitely is a Kennedy conspiracy

So I have to begin by saying that I’ve always had the utmost confidence in the American government, aside from the meandering eyes of our nearly honest politicians and the x-rated antics of the occasional cigar-happy president.
After the events of September 11 (I know, blah, blah, blah, it’s been done and done again) my confidence was a bit shaken because I couldn’t quite comprehend how an attack of such a massive scale could have just slipped by, undetected by the probing intelligence of our military expertise and the watchful eye of “big brother.” There were murmurs of mafia conspiracy, but the consensus boiled down to just plain negligence, as devastating as that may be.
Well, last night, I watched the Oliver Stone movie JFK, and I have to tell you, I was absolutely shocked and terrified by what I saw. I don’t know how many of you have seen JFK (Kevin Costner gives a disquieting performance as the DA of New Orleans who is trying to uncover the true conspiracy behind the assassination), but it shifted my whole view of our government, while leaving me so frightened that I won’t even espouse the figments of ideas which have been planted in my mind. I’m going to keep my mouth shut, pay my taxes and refrain from questioning the shadows of men in high places, who know more than I, and for good reason, because I don’t want to end up like the key witnesses in the case, all of whom were mysteriously killed before they could testify.
Then, when Robert Kennedy was about to be elected senator, he was killed as well! (The reasoning was that war is a business, run by our government, and he would seek to end the war like his brother had originally planned.)
Too many coincidences for my little mind, and at the risk of sounding like a paranoid anarchist, all the information exposed in this controversial movie made so much sense when pieced together that now I’m wondering if the John F. Kennedy Jr. plane crash was more than just an accident. We always hear of the plagued Kennedy family, but maybe it was a very planned and governmentally orchestrated plague. Am I the only one who didn’t know about all this? If you think I’m crazy, I urge you to watch Oliver Stone’s JFK. I guarantee it will change everything and leave you too fearful to talk about it.

Whitney Friedrich is a senior majoring in advertising and English.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...