News Briefs

Tonight
Tangle your spirits into One, part of a series of underground parties, at an undisclosed location at 84 NW 42 Street. The organizers promise MCs (Kronos, Manuvers, Aditro) and live performances by Soulflower, Lifestrung, Libr-a-liance and Evolver, as well as free massages, drinks and “special snacks.” Cover is $5 per person or $4 per head with groups of two or more. It starts at 9 p.m. Hit up 305-751-0355 for more info.

Electroclash 2002 U.S. Tour collides into the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Check out the trashy, sassy and sexually brazen shows by Peaches, Chicks on Speed and Tracy and the Plastics. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $17 in advance, $20 the day of the show. Call 305-634-3907.

Ladytron member Reuben Wu spins for Revolver at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th, Miami. 11 p.m. $9. Hit up www.clubrevolver.com.

Zero video premiere at Control Skatepark, 2134 NW Miami Ct., Miami. There are two showings, 5 and 9 p.m., then get wild at the afterparty. Call 305-576-9012.

Saturday, November 1
Phish fans might want to flock to Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St., Pompano Beach, and watch a performance by the group’s frontman, Trey Anastasio. It’s $35 and doors open at 7 p.m. Call 954-946-2402.

Guzzle down a gallon of your favorite margarita, then go see Jimmy Buffet strum his guitar on stage at Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, as part of a benefit for Overtown Youth Center. It’s at 8 p.m., though a buffet and cocktails will be served at 6 p.m. Call 305-476-0095, ext. 101.

Sunday, November 3
Singer/songwriter Mark Eitzel plays a solo acoustic show with opening acts, Maria Marocka and Poulain at the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami. Buy tickets in advance at Books & Books in Coral Gables or at Blue Note Records in North Miami Beach. Doors open 7:30 p.m. Call 305-634-3907.

Monday, November 4
Wilco croons their soulful tunes at Carefree Theatre, 2000 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.

Tuesday, November 5
Eight Legged Freaks at the Cosford Cinema-time tba.

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...