Letter to the Editor

I would like to start out by thanking Hunter Stephenson, the Life and Art Editor, for his brilliant article on Steve-O from Jackass. I firmly believe that article to be the best, most honest account of the University of Miami ever published by this paper.

Finally an alumnus with personality comes out of the woodwork, someone who wasn’t afraid to mar the pristine image of this University. To step on the grass at this institution is considered a crime these days, and yet, just a few years ago, Steve-O was throwing parties on the roof of the towers and firing water guns at people in class. However, that pales in comparison to the best part of the article, where the students at the university of Miami were finally given some advice they could use. “UM Girls: Stop being such sluts!” The word is out there, ladies, if you wanna get an easy lay, come to UM because the girls are rich and easy. Don’t get me wrong; this applies to the men on campus as well. I feel an anecdote would be appropriate to demonstrate my point. There is girl on campus that was sleeping with two separate guys all last semester. Her goal this semester was to sleep with both in one night, and lo and behold she succeeded. Goals used to be good grades, graduating, being successful in life, but no. Here at UM it’s to sleep with as many men, or women, as possible, and as Steve-O said, get out of UM with out bumps on your wiener.

I want to end by thanking Hunter again for such a wonderful, enlightening article. I’d like to thank Steve-O for finally being so candid about the truth behind UM. It’s just a shame that most of the people who could benefit from his advice don’t read anything besides GQ and Cosmo.

~ Lisa Kaneff is a senior majoring in Public Relations and Psychology.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...