News Briefs and Campus Calendar

TODAY
Council for Democracy will sponsor the U.S. Congressional Debates at 6 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema. Annie Betancourt and Mario Diaz-Balart will battle for the District 25 seat in the capital. Contact David at 305-439-7496 for details.

Join the Hispanic Heritage Committee at the UC patio for closing ceremonies of Hispanic Heritage Month. “Grupo Prisma” will provide the Latin sounds and free food will be served from 12 to 2:00 p.m.

CAC presents Minority Report at Cosford Cinema at 8 and 10:30 p.m.

Laser Tag at the Wellness Center at 5 p.m. Call Kevin at Hurricane Productions, 305-284-4606, for more details.

OCTOBER 16
The Counseling Center and the Academic Development Center invite you to attend a program by Dr. Malcolm Kahn, Director of the Counseling Center, on “Psychological Tips for Academic Success” from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Academic Development Center, Room N201 (located on the 2nd floor of the Whitten University Center). For questions call 305-284-5511.

“Healthy Haunted House” is the theme of this year’s Wellness Expo, an evening of fun, food and fitness from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Wellness Center atrium. See exhibitions ranging from South Beach Smoothies to flu shots from the Health Center. The evening will also feature instructional classes, demonstrations, a pumpkin-decorating contest and a prize for the best costume.

The Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies and the Middle East Studies Institute invite you to attend the second annual Jack Chester Memorial Lecture: Israeli Politics in the Crunch, 8 – 10 p.m. at Casa Bacardi. The speaker is Dr. Yossi Olmert, professor of security studies, former government policy advisor and political columnist who writes frequently for Yediot Aharonot and the Jerusalem Post. The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited and first come, first served.

OCTOBER 17
CAC presents a sneak preview of the move NARC at 7 p.m. There will be a Q & A with actor Ray Liotta at the Cosford Cinema.

Take a study break from 9 till 11 p.m. to listen to a late-night jazz session at the Wesley Foundation, across from Mahoney/Pearson residential colleges.

OCTOBER 18
El Cielo Abierto is showing at the Cosford Cinema at 7:30 p.m. Miguel is a psychiatrist who is deeply depressed when his wife runs away with another man. Then he finds out that his mother-in-law is coming to visit and has no knowledge of his wife

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...