Highway Hooker makes History

Last Wednesday, convicted serial killer and prostitute, Aileen Wuornos, was executed by lethal injection, making her only the second woman executed in Florida since 1848. She was noted as being the first female serial killer in the history of the United States. Between 1989 and 1990, she killed six johns in Florida by shooting them in the chest with a .22 pistol, and claimed to have had sex with over 250,000 men. On the day before her death, she chose to forego her last meal rights, and ordered a cup of coffee. Before she exited, she left the world with these prophetic words: “Yes, I would just like to say I’m sailing with the rock, and I’ll be back, like Independence Day with Jesus. June 6, like the movie. Big mother ship and all, I’ll be back, I’ll be back.” Although her death has brought closure to the families of her victims, she has left the world with a question that will drive the Tootsie Pop owl bananas: In Independence Day, who was Jesus? Will Smith or Jeff Goldblum?

James Rush can be reached at music@wvum.org.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...