Entertainment News

Tonight
Revolver explodes with a show from Atmosphere (Slug, Mr. Dibbs and Blueprint), an underground hip hop act from Minneapolis, for their God Loves Ugly Tour. Guests include Murs of Living Legends, DJ BK One and DeeJay Bird and it takes place at Soho Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. Be there because this shit’s gonna get ugly. 305-576-1988.

If you want to sink into the tropical waters of SoBe, try Blue, 222 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, an ambient, relaxed lounge right next door to Lost Weekend. The bouncers’ egos are (slightly) quelled and there usually isn’t an enforced dress code. 305-534-1009.

Saturday, October 12
Poplife’s got the flavor to rev-up your weekend tonight with The Kickovers, a group feat. an ex-member of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Opening act is the Damn Personals and doors open at 11 p.m. at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $10 for ages 18-20 and $8 for 21-and-up. Call 305-573-8221.

Sunday, October 13
The Gabe Dixon Band, a pop/rock band made of UM graduates, performs today at 3 p.m. at the Mars Music Amphitheatre, 12115 Biscayne Blvd., N. Miami. The concert is free so check this out. Call 305-893-0191 for more info.

Monday, October 14
Midtown plays with Recover and Taking Back Sunday as of 6:30 p.m. at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. $10 in advance, $11 at the door. Call 954-564-ROCK.

Friday, October 18
The 17th Annual Fort Lauderdale Int’l Film Festival starts today and runs through November 24th, featuring an array of international films as well as a number of American indies and Gay/Lesbian movies. Screenings take place at venues around Fort Lauderdale.
Go to www.fliff.com for more info.

Tuesday, October 22
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the Cosford-time TBA.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...