Entertainment News

Tonight
Pianist/songwriter Johnny Rogers performs at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 11295 SW 57th Ave, Miami, to benefit the Music Inside/OUT free concert series in March. Show starts at 8 p.m. and it’s $10. Call 305-235-9298.

Nuclear Valdez play the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, with guests Humbert. Call 954-566-6331.

Grand Prix Americas roars through the streets of downtown Miami all weekend long, starting today. Tickets run from $30-$100. Watch the speedometers hit overkill at over 200 mph if you got the stomach to handle it. 305-373-3333.

Treat your eye to colorful imagery with The Color of Time: Photographs of Eduardo del Valle and Mirta Gomez, Silvia Lizama and Joe Tamargo at the Miami-Dade Public Library System: Main Library, 101 W. Flagler St. Call 305-375-2665.

Saturday, October 5
Monitor Records’ Bellini rips the stage for Poplife at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $7 for ages 21 and up, $10 ages 18-20. Hit this shit up to hear some massive usage of accordions and keyboards-it might just blow your mind (and ears) away. 305-573-8221. Doors open at 11 p.m.

Beforehand, check out the listener party at Poplife for the new Jurassic 5 album, Power in Numbers. It starts at 9 p.m.

Train, who recently won a Grammy for their album Drops of Jupiter (we’re not sure why they deserved the award though), play the Bayfront Park Amphitheater, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, as part of the Grand Prix. You need tickets to the races to attend. Call 305-533-1033.

Sunday, October 6
Q and Not U serve their special brew of danceable punk music at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. Don’t miss out ’cause you’ll be shaking your ass all night long if you go and it won’t be because of the beer swigging down your throat (though that might help too). 305-757-1807.

Tuesday, October 8
Stars Wars Episode II at the Cosford-time tba.

Thursday, October 10
Bassist Charlie Haden performs boleros at Coconut Grove Playhouse, 3500 Main Hwy. $20-$40. 305-442-4000.

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...