Entertainment News

What the hell is up with rock stars getting hell-fueled on drugs and alcohol? Substance addiction is all part of the glam game and the MAP (Musician’s Assistance Program) Awards will recognize this on November 7 by giving props to the stars who have dug themselves out of their inalienable cravings. Stone Temple Pilots’ Scott Weiland will perform solo at L.A.’s House of Blues, along with the Neville Brothers, Thelonious Monster frontman Bob Forrest, Jimmie Vaughan, Billy Childs, Martyn LeNoble and Daniel Lanois. Of course, Robert Downey Jr. will host.

Bernie Mac is on the comedic prowl once again and is planning to remake 1967’s Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, which co-starred Sidney Poitier and Spencer Tracy, and wants to honor the original version of the interracial-marriage satire, he said in an Entertainment Weekly article.

Street prostitution is ascending in Lima, Peru, because of a lack of other jobs. About 4,000 men and women offer sex for money on the streets and many sex peddlers are demanding more safety, claiming they get maltreated by security officials-the latter beating them up, insulting them and demanding money. The government is considering building a “pink-light” district (not to be confused by rebel-controlled “red zones” during the guerrilla war of the 1980s and 1990s) on the outskirts of the city for regulating prostitution.

About 6 million thirsty beer guzzlers will flock to this year’s Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany and more than 400 Bavarian musicians will perform at the concert. The world’s biggest beer celebration started on September 29 and runs until October 6. Similar events, on a smaller scale, are going on all over the U.S., so check your local guide and get those beer mugs clinging. Cheers.

A sequel to the 1969 American classic, Easy Rider, is in the works with producer Lauren Lloyd and is presently being written by Sean Jacques. So far, the story begins with Wyatt “Captain America” Earp (originally played by Peter Fonda) in prison, falsely accused of the murder of George Hanson (who was played by Jack Nicholson). A new character appears and seaks to prove Earp’s innocence and both go out on America’s road, looking for the truth once again. The shooting will begin next spring and it will be called Easy Rider A.D.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...