Entertainment News

Tonight

If you feel like you got the moves, check out Ritmo Caliente Del Caribe Orchestra, an Afro-Caribbean ensemble that mixes jazz and Latin American music. The starts at 8 p.m. behind SunTrust Bank on Hollywood Boulevard and 20th Street, Hollywood and is free. 954-926-3377.

New Found Glory, pop-rock group, play the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

Ladytron for Revolver at SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, September 28
It’s all about the jazz at the Broward Center for Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale , starting at 8 p.m. as drummer Ron Hayne, accompanied by several other musician, presents Birds of a Feather: A Charlie Parker Tribute. $19-$39. 954-462-0222.

Hardcore group Snapcase rock the stage at the Factory, 2674 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Call 954-564-7625.

Sunday, September 29
Music prodigy Conor Oberst’s Bright Eyes plays with M Ward and the Bruces at the Manuel Airtime Theatre, 900 SW 1st St. Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. Call 305-274-9282 for more info.

El Gran Combo, the Puerto Rican salsa group, performs at the Broward Center, Au-Rene Theater, 201 SW 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Hit up 954-462-0222 for more info.

Thursday, October 3
Word, a poetry session hosted by Amaali, at 10 p.m. at the new 190 restaurant, 190 NE 46th St., Miami. You can hear the words for free, so call 305-576-9779 for more info.

October 5
Biz Markie at Billboard Live, 1500 Ocean Dr., Miami. 305-538-4977.

Friday, October 11
God Loves Ugly Tour 2002, a hip hop show headlined by Atmosphere, opens for Revolver at the SoHo Lounge, 175 NE 36th St., Miami. $10. 305-576-1988.

Saturday, October 12
Nastie’s First Annual Hip Hop Festival feat. TALIB KWELI at the Hard Rock CafE, 401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside. The well-gifted MC from New York will be spitting ill rhymes alongside performances by the Monjees, Algorithm, the Mad Dingos, Aboroginals and the THC crew. Doors open at 9 p.m. and it only costs $8 and 2 cans of food to get in. Call 305-579-9762.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...