Life and Arts NEWS BRIEFS

Barbershop creams the Box Office with thick lather and stays at No. 1 for the second week in a row, grossing an estimated $13.3 million. Success for the movie’s star doesn’t stop here: Dr. Dre will produce his new album and Cube is about to be signed to Aftermath.

In more barbershop news, rapper Juvenile was arrested for beating up and robbing barber, Bert Williams, in New Orleans. Juvenile accused Williams of making a bootleg recordings of his music and took necessary action. That’s how they do it dirty south style.

Wanting to tap into the modern woman’s sense of frustration, feminine authors have published The Bitch in the House: 26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage, edited by Cathi Hanauer.

Though, as experts predict, two-thirds of the fall’s 34 new programs will cease to exist next year, CSI: Miami, which premiered last night, is being called the season’s budding show that will likely become a hit. You can’t deny it, Miami’s the place to be.

Fox Sports decided to pull out the spot for a commercial that featured Mike Tyson as a baby-sitter for fear of infuriating the public. Tyson told a group of reporters earlier this year that he wished they “had children so [he]could kick them in the head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel [his]pain because that’s the pain [he’s] been waking up to every day.” Lennox Lewis, watch out for your kids.

P. Diddy has been ordered by a North Carolina superior court judge to pay $2.45 million in damages to a limo driver who claimed he was beaten by bodyguards hired by Combs for a 1995 Mary J. Blige concert. Puffy, that wannabe gangster from Westchester, declared that the claim has no merit whatsoever.

Chris Cornell, former lead of Soundgarden, and members of Rage Against The Machine sans singer Zack de la Rocha, are fusing and forming a new group called Audioslave. Epic Records announced November 19 as the official album release date.

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...