Life and Arts NEWS BRIEFS

Barbershop creams the Box Office with thick lather and stays at No. 1 for the second week in a row, grossing an estimated $13.3 million. Success for the movie’s star doesn’t stop here: Dr. Dre will produce his new album and Cube is about to be signed to Aftermath.

In more barbershop news, rapper Juvenile was arrested for beating up and robbing barber, Bert Williams, in New Orleans. Juvenile accused Williams of making a bootleg recordings of his music and took necessary action. That’s how they do it dirty south style.

Wanting to tap into the modern woman’s sense of frustration, feminine authors have published The Bitch in the House: 26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage, edited by Cathi Hanauer.

Though, as experts predict, two-thirds of the fall’s 34 new programs will cease to exist next year, CSI: Miami, which premiered last night, is being called the season’s budding show that will likely become a hit. You can’t deny it, Miami’s the place to be.

Fox Sports decided to pull out the spot for a commercial that featured Mike Tyson as a baby-sitter for fear of infuriating the public. Tyson told a group of reporters earlier this year that he wished they “had children so [he]could kick them in the head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel [his]pain because that’s the pain [he’s] been waking up to every day.” Lennox Lewis, watch out for your kids.

P. Diddy has been ordered by a North Carolina superior court judge to pay $2.45 million in damages to a limo driver who claimed he was beaten by bodyguards hired by Combs for a 1995 Mary J. Blige concert. Puffy, that wannabe gangster from Westchester, declared that the claim has no merit whatsoever.

Chris Cornell, former lead of Soundgarden, and members of Rage Against The Machine sans singer Zack de la Rocha, are fusing and forming a new group called Audioslave. Epic Records announced November 19 as the official album release date.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...