UM fans class act at UF

Call it The Swamp Stomp.

We went to Gainesville. Did battle in The Swamp. Kicked Gator butt.

And left with a big victory.

It doesn’t get any sweeter than that.

But we would be remiss by not pointing out that UM’s class act on the field against the Florida Gators was equaled by the Hurricane fans’ class act in the stands.

Hurricane fans in droves made the trip up to Gator Land to support the team and help renew one of the best football rivalries around. No trouble the night before the game, during the game or after the game. Just good, old fashioned support for the nation’s best football team.

We do not blindly support the football team or even the actions of the fans. In fact, the antics of both in years past have not always served to enhance the reputation of this university.

But today, everyone deserves a slap on the butt or a pat on the back.

While the players were proving once again why their No.1 ranking is certainly well-deserved, ‘Canes fans were proving they were No. 1, as well.

Playing in The Swamp is no easy task for any opposing team. And wearing an orange and green jersey in the stands is also an act of bravery. But everyone proved up to the task.

Just as we took control on the field, fans took control in the seats and took a big bite out of the Gator Chomp.

When the final gun sounded, the scoreboard showed a 41-16 Hurricane victory.

Our only regret is that the funny-looking guy in the visor wasn’t there to whine about it.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...