Miami Report Car

Offense: A-
The offense piled up 504 total yards. The rushing attack could not be contained and Dorsey threw four touchdown strikes.

Quarterback: B-
Dorsey did throw three interceptions, including one for a Florida touchdown, but he also connected on four touchdown strikes and completed passes to seven different Hurricanes.

Running Backs: A+
Willis McGahee refused to go down, rushing for a career-high 204 yards. Jason Geathers was also difficult to stop, rushing for 72 yards and catching two touchdowns.

Wide Receivers: B
The unit did not need to dominate, as the Miami rushing attack controlled the game. Andre Johnson and Kellen Winslow II led the ‘Canes with four receptions each.

Offensive Line: A
The new Miami O-line surrendered only one sack and opened up monster holes for McGahee and Geathers.

Defense: A
The secondary shut down the supposed best quarterback in the nation. The defensive line provided petrifying pressure the entire game.

Defensive Line: A
Miami dropped back into a dime package for most of the game, but the D-line, led by Jerome McDougle, still managed to pressure Grossman all game.

Linebackers: B+
Jonathan Vilma is the leader of the dominating Miami defense. He and D.J. Williams went sideline to sideline with blazing speed, containing the Florida short passing game.

Secondary: A
Did the inexperienced unit answer your questions? Maurice Sikes picked off two Grossman passes, and Kelly Jennings did an outstanding job on Florida wide out Taylor Jacobs.

Special Teams: B
Todd Sievers continued his flawless play, kicking field goals of 53 and 38 yards. Freddie Capshaw punted well, but the unit did have a break down on the blocked punt.