Sigma Chi wins IM labor day softball tournament

The Labor Day Softball Tournament was played last Sunday and the champions are Sigma Chi! Sigma Chi breezed through the Greek bracket and met Pi Kappa Alpha in the Greek finals. Pike playing with only 9 players put up a valiant effort but came up short from winning the points.

The 86’ers came out of the independent bracket for the championship game. They met some really good teams on their way but just as Sigma Chi had done, they were just too good to be kept from the championship. The 86’ers were crowned the Independent champion by beating a very good Pearson team that combined with another good ACS team to form one quality team.

In the championship, Sigma Chi jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they won 17-11 over the 86’ers. Chris McDermott and Bob Switzer were the co-MVPs as they lead their team to the first championship for Sigma Chi in a few years! Overall, the power and teamwork of Sigma Chi prevailed and were crowned the first champion of the 2002-2003 Intramural season.

Intramural Reminders

Flag Football / Floor Hockey / Tennis Singles: Entry Deadline – Friday, Sept. 6 by 5pm.

Flag Football Officials: All students are welcome to earn $6 per hour as an intramural official. An emergency training is Monday, September 9 @ 5pm at the Wellness Center.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...