Sigma Chi wins IM labor day softball tournament

The Labor Day Softball Tournament was played last Sunday and the champions are Sigma Chi! Sigma Chi breezed through the Greek bracket and met Pi Kappa Alpha in the Greek finals. Pike playing with only 9 players put up a valiant effort but came up short from winning the points.

The 86’ers came out of the independent bracket for the championship game. They met some really good teams on their way but just as Sigma Chi had done, they were just too good to be kept from the championship. The 86’ers were crowned the Independent champion by beating a very good Pearson team that combined with another good ACS team to form one quality team.

In the championship, Sigma Chi jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they won 17-11 over the 86’ers. Chris McDermott and Bob Switzer were the co-MVPs as they lead their team to the first championship for Sigma Chi in a few years! Overall, the power and teamwork of Sigma Chi prevailed and were crowned the first champion of the 2002-2003 Intramural season.

Intramural Reminders

Flag Football / Floor Hockey / Tennis Singles: Entry Deadline – Friday, Sept. 6 by 5pm.

Flag Football Officials: All students are welcome to earn $6 per hour as an intramural official. An emergency training is Monday, September 9 @ 5pm at the Wellness Center.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...