Miami vs UF

UM
Quarterbacks: Ken Dorsey may not post the flashiest numbers, but he has an extra year of leadership and a National Championship that Grossman doesn’t.

Running Backs: Willis McGahee and Jason Geathers showed how scary their speed is against FAMU. The Florida game will give the duo a much bigger test.

Wide Receivers: In addition to returning starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Beard, Dorsey has tight end Kellen Winslow and multi-purpose threat Roscoe Parrish to choose from.

Offensive Line: Brett Romberg and Sherko Haji-Rasouli are proven stars. The jury is out on the other three positions, but Carey, Myers, and Joseph performed well against FAMU.

Defensive Line: The return of Jerome McDougle this week only enhances the best D-Line in the country.

Linebackers: The jury is still out on Howard Clark, but D.J. Williams and Jonathan Vilma are shaping up to become two of the nation’s best linebackers.

Secondary: The new core of defensive backs helped shut down Casey Printers, but they will see a much bigger test this week against Grossman.

Special Teams: The emergence of Roscoe Parrish adds to the nation’s most dangerous special teams unit. In addition, punter Freddie Capshaw returns from a foot injury.

UF
Quarterbacks: Second in the Heisman voting last season, Rex Grossman threw for 337 yards in the opener against UAB, showing the nation he is still the centerpiece of the Gator offense.

Running Backs: With Ron Zook looking to run the ball more, Earnest Graham could come through with his first 1,000 yard season.

Wide Receivers: As witnessed by his 246 yards receiving against UAB, Taylor Jacobs could be one of the nation’s best receivers. Unfortunately, for Florida, he is their only proven receiver.

Offensive Line: Like Miami, the Gator offensive line has a lot of skill. They also only have 25 starts between them entering this season.

Defensive Line: Tackle Ian Scott is an All-American candidate. The rest of the unit is mediocre at best.

Linebackers: Matt Nattiel looks to have a breakout senior season. As a whole, the linebackers have improved in helping stop the run, but they aren’t among the nation’s elite yet.

Secondary: Dorsey will get his yards, but things will be tougher against this experienced Gator unit. Look out for free safety Todd Johnson.

Special Teams: Sophomore Matt Leach moves into the kicker’s role, replacing Groza Award semifinalist Jeff Chandler.

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...

Ranked and seeded third, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team tallied a 6-3, ...

The Hurricanes will be in action at the 2018 NCAA East Preliminary, scheduled for May 24-26 at the U ...

Hurricanes' programs post strong APR marks once again. ...

No. 7 seed Hurricanes staged a late comeback to win their opening game at the 2018 ACC Championship, ...