Campus Calendar

Elections for Student Government are just around the corner. Campaign to become a Senator and help improve life at UM for all undergraduate students. Elections are September 23rd-September 25. Mark your calendars and VOTE!
To find out more about Student Government, available offices, and the election process, visit www.miami.edu/student-activities and click on Elections Commission.

TODAY
Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 12 p.m. in UC 245

Applications for COSO and SAFAC membership due at 5 p.m. in the STIC

Optional SAFAC Budget Workshop for club treasurers at 3 p.m. in UC 245.

If you have a voice with a rock edge and no shame, then Quantum Entertainment is looking for you. Come audition for the Rocky Horror Picture Show any time during 5 – 10 p.m. at the UC 2nd floor on Fri Sept. 6.

11:30 a.m., Ferris Wheel Junkies @ UC Patio

SEPTEMBER 7
The Wellness Center is sponsoring a free Studio Cycling class between 10 and 11 a.m., for members to try the class without purchasing a pass.

Listen to Elastika Beat at 9 p.m. @ UC Rock. Join us for an evening of fun and music.

4:00 p.m., “Tailgate” @ Rat

SEPTEMBER 9
Be a fan on the field! Come try out to be a University of Miami Cheerleader! If you are enthusiastic and athletic, we’ll love to have you as a part of our team. Try-outs will be held at the Knight Sports Complex on Sept. 9th and 10th at 6:30 p.m. Feel free to contact Heather Aimaguer at 305-718-8335 with any questions. We’ll see you there!

The University Chaplains’ Association will have a mini-Info Fair on the UC Patio from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. highlighting the diversity of religious life on campus and providing information about the various chaplaincies at UM. Free lunch will be provided while supplies last.

SEPTEMBER 10
Starting today at 12 p.m., ‘Cane Cards will no longer be issued at the Registrar’s Office. Students must go to room 110 Allen Hall at the School of Continuing Studies to ‘Cane Cards. Hours of Operation will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 11
President Shalala will lead a convocation from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall to commemorate last year’s attacks, followed by a series of panel discussions with faculty from International Studies, Political Science, Arts & Sciences, as well as the Schools of Medicine, Law, Business and Architecture. Topics include security, the U.S., and the world after 9/11.

“Remembrance: Let the Light Shine,” will be held 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the University Green, the lawn between the Otto G. Richter Library and the University Center. This is a candlelight service with testimonials from student speakers sharing their experiences of the events of September 11th.

SEPTEMBER 14
The annual American Heart Association (AHA) 5K Walk will be held on the Coral Gables campus, to raise funds for fighting heart disease and stroke. To join Team UM, call Janet Tiberian at 305-284-6524.

SEPTEMBER 15 – OCTOBER 15
The Hispanic Heritage Month Committee and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs is pleased to bring you National Hispanic Heritage Month. As part of the celebration, we have planned a month long calendar that promises to have something for everyone. Join the University of Miami community in recognizing and exploring Hispanic culture and achievements. Opening Ceremonies are on Monday, September 16th at noon, on the University Center Patio. All events are free to the University of Miami community. Hope to see you there! For more information visit www.miami.edu/msa

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...