UM loses to FSU, UF

Well what do you know?

Those who inhabit The Swamp in Gainesville have finally found a way to beat UM in the rankings.

As any good Miami fan will recall, the Gators finished last football season looking up at the National Champion Hurricanes in the rankings. And when the pre-season rankings were released, the Gators were once again cramming their necks to get a glimpse of the ‘Canes.

We would hope they would be used to it by now.

But all is not lost for the Spurrierless Swamp Things. They are sitting pretty as the No. 5 party school in the nation, according to the annual Princeton Review survey.

It’s important to note, UM doesn’t even earn a mention in the survey.

UF finished right behind Indiana University, Clemson, the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, and Pennsylvania State in the party rankings. The party school designations are based on student reports on alcohol and marijuana use, the amount of time spent studying outside of class and the popularity of fraternities and sororities on campus.

But all this shouldn’t come as any great surprise to those who have had to trudge through Gainesville. Just one brief visit will quickly convince you that Gators are definitely party animals. And they’re proud of it. Now they can be proud of the fact they finally beat Miami at something.

Quite honestly, we’re delighted to concede them the victory. They beat us fair and square. UM’s academic standing continues to soar like our football rankings. And we’re happy to claim our victories in the classroom and out on the field.

But we should caution our friends at FSU not to be too cocky.

While the Seminoles continue to get whiplash looking up at UM in the football polls, they join The Gators in the Top Ten party schools in the nation.

While FSU finished four spots behind UF, the Seminoles need to remember they can always dream about next year.

After all, that’s what their football team does after every season.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...