UM loses to FSU, UF

Well what do you know?

Those who inhabit The Swamp in Gainesville have finally found a way to beat UM in the rankings.

As any good Miami fan will recall, the Gators finished last football season looking up at the National Champion Hurricanes in the rankings. And when the pre-season rankings were released, the Gators were once again cramming their necks to get a glimpse of the ‘Canes.

We would hope they would be used to it by now.

But all is not lost for the Spurrierless Swamp Things. They are sitting pretty as the No. 5 party school in the nation, according to the annual Princeton Review survey.

It’s important to note, UM doesn’t even earn a mention in the survey.

UF finished right behind Indiana University, Clemson, the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, and Pennsylvania State in the party rankings. The party school designations are based on student reports on alcohol and marijuana use, the amount of time spent studying outside of class and the popularity of fraternities and sororities on campus.

But all this shouldn’t come as any great surprise to those who have had to trudge through Gainesville. Just one brief visit will quickly convince you that Gators are definitely party animals. And they’re proud of it. Now they can be proud of the fact they finally beat Miami at something.

Quite honestly, we’re delighted to concede them the victory. They beat us fair and square. UM’s academic standing continues to soar like our football rankings. And we’re happy to claim our victories in the classroom and out on the field.

But we should caution our friends at FSU not to be too cocky.

While the Seminoles continue to get whiplash looking up at UM in the football polls, they join The Gators in the Top Ten party schools in the nation.

While FSU finished four spots behind UF, the Seminoles need to remember they can always dream about next year.

After all, that’s what their football team does after every season.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...