Whitely welcome freshmen

Dear New Student,

Welcome to the University of Miami, and congratulations on your decision to attend one of the finest educational institutions in Higher Education.
You are approximately one of 13,000 students from all 50 states and over 112 foreign countries who will attend the University this year. You follow in the footsteps of many renowned scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, two Heisman Trophy winners, Congressmen, CEOs and over 138,000 successful alumni.
The University of Miami was recently recognized as a Character-Building Institution by the Templeton Foundation. We strive for all of our student life opportunities to provide you a chance to develop your leadership skills.
Take charge of your life! Develop your skills and talents by maximizing your academic opportunities and tapping into the “real life experiences” through student organizations and other activities, which will assist you in contributing to our community as an effective leader.
A multitude of opportunities await you…now it’s your turn. I look forward to formally welcoming you during Orientation 2002. Best wishes for academic and personal success.

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Whitely
Vice President for Student Affairs

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...