Welcome: Letters from friends

Dear New Student,

Welcome to the University of Miami. You are about to embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life! We are thrilled that you have chosen our institution for your continued educational experiences.

You join the University of Miami at an important time in history. Last October we celebrated our 75th anniversary, and although still relatively young, the University of Miami is one of the leading private research universities in the nation. Your attendance at our university continues to enhance our nationally renowned reputation.

As a member of the class of 2006, you have a strong foundation to build upon, and your involvement will ensure that our University continues to grow as a leader in education.
We hope you make the most of your time on campus. Study hard and get involved. Go Canes!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...