PARKING ON CAMPUS part 2

WVUM Partnership:
The University of Miami’s WVUM DJs broadcast Parking and Transportation Services ‘hourly Parking Lot Updates to you over the radio airwaves during fall and spring terms. To help ease your morning commute to campus and take the guesswork out of parking, tune into FM 90.5 hourly on the half hour between 8:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. on class days to hear our partners at WVUM announce which campus parking lots have available space.

HURRY ‘CANE SHUTTLE SERVICE
Parking and Transportation Services operates the Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle on the Coral Gables campus during the fall and spring semesters. The Shuttle is equipped with state of the art wheelchair accessible buses, is available free of charge to all University students, faculty, and staff, and, over its routes, serves the campus’ major classroom and office buildings, parking lots, and the University Metrorail station.

Approximately 700,000 passengers took advantage of our Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle service between June 2001 and May 2002, an 11% increase over the previous twelve month period. That record high ridership figure emphasizes the convenience, popularity, and acceptance of the Hurry ‘Cane system, and includes a monthly ridership record of almost 110,000 passengers during October 2001.

The Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle facilitates use of the University’s perimeter parking lots, and provides a convenient means of traversing campus without using a personal vehicle. The Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle route system and hours of operation are detailed in our Shuttle route map which is available on board the Hurry ‘Cane Shuttle buses, and at the Parking and Transportation Services offices in the Ponce Garage at 5665 Ponce de Leon Boulevard. Telephone inquiries may be made to the Department at 305-284-3096, option 3, or visit our web site at www.miami.edu/parking/shuttle .

-Shuttle Service to the Shops at Sunset Place-
In its continuing partnership with Student Government, Parking and Transportation Services’ Sunset Shuttle has provided convenient service from the Coral Gables campus to South Miami’s Shops at Sunset Place for approximately 9,000 passengers during the past academic year. This free shuttle service operates Friday and Saturday evenings, during Fall and Spring terms, from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m., and includes a convenient stop at the Publix Supermarket on Monza Avenue near Sunset Place (the Publix stop is serviced until 10:00 p.m. when the store closes).

Originating on campus at Stanford Circle, the Sunset Shuttle makes a stop at the Parking Garage before proceeding on to Publix and Sunset Place stops. The shuttle makes a continuous loop from Stanford Circle, returning every twenty (20) to thirty (30) minutes contingent upon traffic. Resident Students, Commuter Students, Faculty, and Staff are encouraged to take advantage of this fast, convenient service.

-Ibis Ride-
Since its inception in October 2001, approximately 1,700 students have chosen the Ibis Ride as their means of transportation between the Coral Gables campus and the attractions of Coconut Grove. The free Ibis Ride operates Friday and Saturday evenings from 8:00 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. during fall and spring semesters. UM student ID is required.

-Sgt. Sebastian Shuttle-
In the evening, the Sgt. Sebastian Shuttle serves the Coral Gables campus. To accommodate the growing numbers of evening riders, four buses operate from 6:00pm until 10:00pm, with two buses in operation thereafter until midnight.

-Express Shuttle-
Express Shuttle service is provided from the Garage to both Stanford Circle and the Fountain during the busy morning and late afternoon hours. We improved the Express Shuttle service by extending the morning operational hours of both Stanford Circle and Fountain Express buses to 7:00am until 12:00pm, while the evening Express hours are from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...