Top FIVE performances of 2001-2003

#1 Ken Dorsey and Andre Johnson vs. Nebraska
Dorsey was 22-of-35 for 362 yards and his Co-MVP, Andre Johnson caught seven passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns. The Hurricanes never looked back after the duo hooked up for a game-long 49-yard touchdown pass with 6:58 left in the first quarter to take the early 7-0 lead.

#2 Imre Lengyel vs. NCAA
The senior from Hungary came into the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships and was crowned National Champion in platform diving (620.25), easily defeating the University of Texas’s Justin Dumais (577.15).

#3 Aaron Moser vs. USA
Competing against the top athletes in the country (collegiate and professional), Moser recorded a two-day total of 5,720 points and finished second in the heptathlon at the 2002 USA Men’s Indoor Heptathlon Championship in Chapel Hill, NC. Moser, who recorded personal-best marks in the 60-meters (6.89), shot put (13.56 meters/44-06.00) and high jump (1.95 meters/6-04.75) during day one, won the pole vault on day two with a vault of 5.03 meters (16-06.00) en route to posting the best score in the heptathlon by a collegian this season. Had it been a World Championship year, Moser would have qualified to represent the United States.

#4 Camilla Hilland vs. Florida
Hilland sank an 18-foot par putt on the tournament’s final hole to hold off a late charge by Florida State’s Kristin Tamulis and win the Ryder Florida Women’s Collegiate Golf Championship. Hilland, the first Hurricane since Tracy Kerdyk in 1988 to win the state championship, posted a three-round total of 219 to finish one-stroke ahead of Tamulis (220).

#5 Bryant McKinnie vs. Dwight Freeney
In Miami’s 59-0 blowout over Syracuse at the Orange Bowl, offensive tackle McKinnie allowed no sacks or tackles against the highly touted defensive lineman. McKinnie, drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Vikings (7), surrendered no sacks in his collegiate career. Freeney finished the season with 17.5 sacks and was drafted in the first round by the Indianapolis Colts (11).

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...