Fun in the Sun Summer Plans for Miami and Florida

So summer is finally here, you’re staying in Miami, and you have no clue what to do with your time. Fear not! Even if you’re taking summer courses, you’ll still have plenty of free time to enjoy everything Miami has to offer.

Play the tourist
Now is the time to bring out the camera, slap on the sunscreen, and see the sights. Without the pressure of friends thinking you’re a dork for doing it (since they’ve all gone home for the summer), you can finally see the tourists’ points of interest in Miami.

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens (3251 S. Miami Ave.)
Built in the 1800s by the exceedingly rich James Deering, Vizcaya is an exact replica of a Venetian villa. The massive house still has most of the original furniture and is now a museum. Most of the extensive gardens have been sold, but the small lot that remains, along with the house, are in pristine condition.

Museum of Science and Space Transit Planetarium (3280 S. Miami Ave.)

This is the place to let the inner five-year-old in you run about. A hands-on museum, the exhibits change several times a year- from dinosaurs you move yourself to “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly,” an exhibit about bacteria. The planetarium has, besides the more traditional stars and planets, laser shows to the sounds of Pink Floyd and other musicians during weekends.

Bayside Marketplace (Bayfront Park, Port of Miami)
From here, not only can you shop at very exclusive and expensive stores, you can eat at exclusive and expensive restaurants. Otherwise, this is a great place to go people-watching. All kinds of people come here- from the fru-fru European-types to the guys who sleep out in Bicentennial Park and everyone in between. There is also the Hard Rock Caf

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...