Entertainment News

Film news…Changing Lanes, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Affleck, toppled all other films this weekend, collecting $17.6 million.

Actress Nona Gaye, daughter of the late soul crooner Marvin Gaye and last seen in Ali, has been cast as the character “Zee” in the next two Matrix films, The Matrix: Reloaded and The Matrix: Revolutions. The role was originally given to the late R&B singer Aaliyah, who died in a plane crash last summer.

In related news, artist Paul Oakenfold has finished three songs specifically for Reloaded, and may possibly contribute more. Warner Brothers has purchased the movie rights for a live action version of the highly acclaimed anime film Akira, which will be based on a script by Stephen Norrington, the director of Blade. Rapper Coolio, known for his eternally lame hairstyle, will have an unspecified part in the upcoming Daredevil, which stars Ben Affleck.

In music news…Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson are engaged. Celine Dion and Marc Anthony will perform at the Billboard Latin Music Awards on May 9 in Miami. The Hives are reported to be in the middle of negotiating a deal with Warner Brothers. In the meantime the label plans to re-release their 2000 album Veni Vidi Vicious sometime this year. In June, Motorola will release a customized Nelly cell phone complete with “Nelly-based games and ring tones.” No joke. Nelly’s new subtly titled album, Nellyville, backed by the predictably “hot” single Hot in Herre, drops on June 25. Feuding rappers Nas and Jay-Z will make separate guest appearances on Scarface’s new album, The Fix, which hits stores on July 2.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...