Gatsby’s offers alternative to Miami clubs

While Miami offers a wide array of places to party, from a simple beer bar like the Tavern to the morning-after dance-party of Club Space, every now and then the more mature drinker finds the need to escape the crowd of fake IDs and deafening music and share a full bar only with friends.

This is not about an $800 bottle of vodka at special VIP tables that clubs offer. (Besides, many VIP areas are still drenched in loud music and cramp spaces.) Nor is it about spending just as much at a liquor store and recreating your own dorm-room-bar. This is about Gatsby’s, one of Miami’s few remaining hangouts classy enough to take even your most sophisticated out-of-town guests to, yet hip enough to satisfy even your more inattentive friends.

The reason is simple: While most popular clubs strive to be louder and flashier than each other, Gatsby’s strives to cater to your specific needs. They have over 40 selections of wines by the glass and two full-liquor bars, 60 assorted beers and microbeers (20 on draft), seven giant television screens, 13 regulation size Brunswick pool tables, private party rooms, “The Fitzgerald Room” (a cigar and martini lounge), as well as an eclectic menu featuring tapas, gourmet thin crust pizzas, specialty sandwiches and signature salads. If these don’t meet your fancy, try Gatsby’s nightly specials.

During its week-long happy hours, from 4 to 7 p.m., one can enjoy half- priced premium cocktails, draft beer and wine as well as half-priced pool tables and $4 gourmet pizzas. On Monday, Gatsby’s offers $0.25 cent clams and oysters. Tuesday is Gatsby’s draft party (4-11 p.m.), which includes half priced draft beer and all major sporting events on their seven giant televisions.

During Wednesday’s “Ladies’ Night” (7 p.m.-12 a.m.): Free pool and half priced drinks for all women. From 4 to 11p.m. on Thursdays, Gatsby’s offers half prices on their selection of 20 oversized martinis.

Naturally, you won’t be paying with spare change at Gatsby’s. It’s not cheapest ticket to getting hammered on the weekends- so if you’re the thrifty spender, you might want to capitalize on their daily specials. But if you’re looking for a classier atmosphere full of good food, great pool tables, a superb bar, and the most attentive staff, then Gatsby’s is worth trying.

Furthermore, if you’re the regular South Beach club-hopper tired of spending a few $100 on a bottle of liquor, parking, and a long drive to the beach, then Gatsby’s is definitely worth the try. You’ll save a lot on drinks, won’t have to wait in line to get them, won’t have to worry about parking, and won’t have to worry about losing any of your friends in the frenzy of a flashy night club scene.

Gatsby’s is located at 8575 S.W. 124th Ave. For more information, call 305-412-2220 or visit their website at www.gatsbysfl.com. Must be at least 21 to enter.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...