Fashion show seeks models

Haven’t quite found your claim to fame in Miami’s fashion mecca yet? Well, here’s your chance.

From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Friday, representatives from several modeling agencies, including Ford Models Inc., will be on the UC patio conducting a small-scale model search. The 25 male and 25 female UM students chosen to strut their stuff will be the first ever for the Source Fashion Nation College Tour show presented by VISA and hosted by Hurricane Productions.

According to Graham Micone of Hurricane Productions, potential models must first come by during the day to have their picture taken and to fill out an application to be selected for the fashion show that takes place in the evening.

What does it take to become a Source Fashion Show model?

“[Models] are going to be selected on their attitude, their style, how they look, how they can walk and how they photograph,” Micone said.

The students selected will model designer fashions.

“[The clothes] are all from all over the world-Sean Jean, Pepe Jeans, Adidas-it’s a big tour,” Micone said, “[Designers] are going from city to city with all these different kinds of clothes from their clothing lines and letting the models wear them.”

Models will also be considered for an upcoming fashion layout appearing in The Source and a one-year contract with Ford Models.

And for those not interested in modeling, the show promises everything one would expect from The Source and VISA – great music and loads of free stuff.

Headlining the night’s performance will be recording artists Tha Liks, formerly known as Tha Alkaholiks.

The West Coast group, comprised of E-Swift, Tash, and J-Ro, is expected to perform songs from their four previously released albums, including their latest, X.O. Experience, which was released in 2001.

Daytime entertainment will be provided by DJ Aspekt from the UM Hip Hop Club.

DJ Don P, from WEDR-99.1 FM, Miami’s 99 Jamz, will be spinning from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the hour before the fashion show gets under way.

Doors open for the show at 7:30 p.m. The fashion show starts at 8:30p.m., immediately followed by Tha Liks performing around 9 p.m.

This event, like all Hurricane Production events, is free to students. Guests pay $10.

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Sea Secrets: Acclaimed Journalist Talks Sea Level-Rise ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...