Entertainment News

The action horror film “Blade 2” sneaked up on the box office this weekend, and according to Sunday’s estimates, grossed an incredible $33.1 million. The film’s massive opening is a personal best for lead actor Wesley Snipes and the second largest ever for March. Word of mouth on the film is strong, as director Guillermo del Toro set out to deliver a kinetically violent film that would rival the original film and the Marvel Comics’ from which the franchise is based.

Tom Green’s debatable masterpiece “Freddy Got Fingered” took top honors as the best film…in the worst film of the year category at the 22nd Annual Razzie Awards. The Razzies, known for being the anti-Oscars, divvy out awards each year in categories that are synonymous with worst film, actor and actress among others. Green, who also took the nod for worst actor, is the only performer in Razzie history to collect his awards in person. Pop singer Mariah Carey was named worst actress for her skanky performance in the mega-flop “Glitter.”
The Roots, whose drummer ?uestlove spinned at Churchill’s Pub last Saturday, have finished recording a song entitled “Feel This” that criticizes Nas. Nas reportedly expressed anger when the Roots performed the beat to his song “NY State of Mind” on rival Jay-Z’s MTV unplugged special. Whether the new track will show up on the Roots’ upcoming album is unknown.
Andy Richter took control over the minds of millions of television viewers with the debut of his new Fox show “Andy Richter Controls the Universe.” The show’s premiere was watched by more than 9 million people, the majority being young adults and teenagers, who probably watched Richter when he was a sidekick for late night talk show host Conan O’Brien. In the show, Richter plays a short story author with a humorously wild imagination.
Steven Seagal, the semi-smooth Kung-fu master/joke and star of films like “Under Siege 2:Dark Territory” will soon have to use his “skills” to fend of a $60 million lawsuit and a probable gang of lawyers. Seagal is being sued by a former partner, who claims that Seagal backed out of four cinematic gifts to the world, including “Blood On the Moon” and “Smash and Grab,” after taking the advice of his Buddhist guru.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...