Greek Week ‘Mystery Event’ shows off ‘Nerds’

Last Friday, the Greek community gathered on the University Center patio for another exciting event celebrating Greek Week. The ‘Mystery Event’ was different from all the others, as participants did not know what the event was about, or what it entailed. Thus called a mystery.

Heather Davis and Pinar Alper, from Kappa Kappa Gamma, were very excited about the ‘Mystery Event.’ They had previously participated in the ‘Organized Cheer’ and ‘Olympic Day,’ as well as many others, and were looking forward to the dance-a-thon on Saturday. “We have worked hard on all of the events, especially the ‘Organized Cheer,’ which was my favorite”, Davis said. “My favorite was definitely ‘Olympic Day'”, added Alper.

The ‘Mystery Event’ began at 6 p.m. as the fraternities and sororities met on the UC patio.

Food and drinks were set up on the side of the patio, while a movie screen was set up in the pool area. After a nice dinner with friends, the crowd moved towards the pool area to watch the featured movie: 1984’s Revenge of the Nerds, a movie about nerds who form a fraternity to battle against the bullies in the Alpha Beta Fraternity.

Everyone gathered around the screen, either in chairs, or stretched out on the ground wrapped in blankets to keep warm on the cool, windy night.

The event was an overall success, despite the cool weather. It was a very relaxing evening; a great relief to many. A nice dinner and a movie outdoors surrounded by family and friends seemed to be the perfect ending to the week.

Greek Week began on Friday, February 22 and concluded on Sunday. There were many exciting events through out the week, including a dance-a-thon, ‘Organized Cheer,’ and ‘Olympic Day.’ All of the money raised will be given to the many charities to which the sororities and Fraternities contribute.

When the 2018 recruiting cycle came to an end in February, Miami, Florida and Florida State all fini ...

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...