Vice-President candidates:

Andy Hooper

Andy Hooper is a junior majoring in human resource management and marketing.
Hooper has held the positions of Chair for the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee; Ombudsperson for the Committee on Student Organizations; training coordinator for the University of Miami American Red Cross; team captain for the UM Roller Hockey Club; and Parade co-chair for the Homecoming Executive committee.
Listed are several major goals within Hooper’s platform:
1. Change the dynamic of student leadership.
2. Emphasize communication between student organizations, students, and student leaders.
3. Increase library and cafeteria hours.
4. Increase the amount of information available to resident students
5. Post monthly calendars of all student activities on channel 13, the residence halls channel.
6. Create a balance in school spirit, safety, and awareness
Hooper is running for the office of Vice President because he wants to make cabinet more fun and not a chore for its members.
His platform along with running-mates, Stephanie Hernandez for President and Martinique Busino for Treasurer, is “Bridging the Gap.”

Justin Levine is a junior who is majoring in marketing and law.
Listed are several major goals within Levine’s platform:
1. Increase lighting on campus at nighttime to increase safety
2. Regulate the number of times a professor will use a book for a certain class in order for students to save money
3. Improve the quality of cable stations in the residence halls.
4. Increase student life on campus during the weekends.
Levine, an active party promoter, is running for the office of Vice President because he feels that there are a lot of things that need to be changed at UM.
He is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha and has served on the Greek judicial board.
His platform is “A Change in U…’Cause it’s Time.”
His running mates are Michael Johnston for President, and Mahala Dar for Treasurer.
“The same students are always running for office and there should be more diversity when it comes to those who represent the student body,” Levine said. “I’m not here for a resum

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

The defeated and deflated Miami Hurricanes quietly packed up their bags and trudged out of their Ame ...

Even before Donte Ingram broke Miami’s heart and sent the Hurricanes home from the NCAA Tournament w ...

And so ends Miami's season. No. 11 seed Loyola-Chicago's Donte Ingram hit a buzzer-beating ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

A UM physicist comments on the passing of British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. ...

Kevin Arreaga set a school record as the University of Miami track and field program opened its 2018 ...

Miami put the tying run on base in the ninth inning, but fell to host No. 23 Duke, 4-3... ...

Despite a promising start and a strong finish, the University of Miami women's tennis team fell ...

The Hurricanes fell in dramatic fashion to Loyola Chicago in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. ...

The University of Miami rowing team will open its spring season at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invit ...