Entertainment News

A sign that we are all getting a little older…Chuck Jones, the influential animator who had a hand in the creation of Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Daffy Duck and an endless list of other cartoon staples , died as a result of heart failure. He was 89. Jones’ talent and vision encompassed over 300 animated films and won him an Oscar for in 1995 for lifetime achievement.

Queen of the Damned seduced moviegoers this weekend, taking in a deadly $15.2 million and topping last weekend’s John Q. which fell to number two with $12.5 million and a promising total of almost $40 million so far. Kevin Costner’s new film Dragonfly performed moderately well, opening in third place with $10.4 million, but only time will tell if the film will be another costly flop for Costner or a tier towards regaining profitable credibility.

Macaulay Culkin has signed on to star in Party Monster, an extremely bizarre and indulgent tale about the life of Michael Alig, a visionary party promoter in New York City during the early 1990s who helped catalyze rave culture and was later convicted of murder. The film will be based on the book Disco Blood Bath and will be the 21-year old Culkin’s first movie role since 1994’s Richie Rich.

With the success of Tomb Raider, and the lucrative video game business booming more than usual, film- makers have optioned the movie rights for two more games. The hit franchise “Tekken” has been acquired by Crystal Sky Entertainment with rumored plans for a $60 million adaptation, while “State of Emergency,” an upcoming riot game from the creators of “Grand Theft Auto,” has been picked up by the producer of the American Pie films.

Dance DJs Sasha and John Digweed will unleash an ambitiously thorough sound and lighting set up on their Delta Heavy Spring tour which kicks off on March 23 in Miami. The tour is being organized by Kevin Lyman, a previous organizer for Lollapalooza and the Warped Tour, and will feature lighting designs from the people behind the opening credits in the film Seven.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...