Entertainment News

Once again proving his box office gusto, Denzel Washington’s new drama John Q took charge at movie theaters and debuted with a strong $20.6 million, an almost identical opening to his last film Training Day, which pulled in $22.6 last October. Britney Spears’ Crossroads arrived at number two with a profitable $14.6, and probably solidified more feature films in her future. In accordance with Oscar nomination dominance, A Beautiful Mind and Fellowship of the Ring both saw their totals jump from the prior weekend, to totals of $124.7 million and $277.9 million respectively.

Stephen and Julian Marley were arrested for marijuana possession after police in Tallahassee, Fla. pulled over their Mercedes-Benz for speeding and smelled a strong aroma of marijuana upon approaching the vehicle. After performing a search, police found a total of eight large joints and cigarette rolling papers. The brothers were charged and posted bail shortly after.

J to tha oh-no. Jennifer Lopez’s new remix album J to tha L-O debuted at the top of the album charts, selling 156,000 copies in its first week. According to her record label it is the first remix album in history to reach number one. Everything else on the chart remained stagnant, with releases by Alan Jackson and Barry Manilow taking the next two spots and Nas’s Stillmatic exiting the top 10 after a lengthy run.

After a string of flops, Jim Carrey is considering the semi-serious Bruce Almighty as his next film. Carrey would play a man whose constant condemnation of God backfires when the “Almighty One” forces him to takeover his holy duties for a day.

Marion “Suge” Knight’s vengeful comments at the recent West Coast Hip Hop Summit in Beverly Hills have generated as much press as the summit itself. The meeting, organized by Def Jam founder Russell Simmons to discuss the use of violent lyrics and the overall direction of rap music, reportedly ran amuck when Knight was asked to speak and began criticizing musicians ranging from Eminem to Janet Jackson. What reportedly took most attendees off guard was Knight’s blatant proclamation that women are naturally inferior and lack the ability to become sufficient leaders.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...