Poulain:Miami’s beautiful secret

The first minutes that Isaac Lekach set foot on stage at Revolver, he looked like just another member of the audience: the mop top hair, the discontent look in his face. But as soon as he grabbed his acoustic guitar, he was above everyone else. He took his pain, his feelings and turned them into lovely songs of loss, love and sadness; and became Poulain, the musician, artist and poet.

Opening for Desaparecidos is not an easy task- especially for a relatively still unknown artist and balladeer, considering that most people in the audience came with the sole purpose of witnessing the raw energy they discharge at shows. Yet Poulain managed to silence the room with the first strokes of his guitar and the first words his almost angelic voice uttered.

Song after song, the crowd stared in awe, while he released his innermost passions staring down and occasionally glancing over the people in front of him. Every time he ended a song, he shyly smiled as the audience cheered and clapped.

Taking the last name from the title character in Am

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...