News Briefs and Campus Calendar

re-take yearbook organization Photos
All organizations need to go the new IBIS Yearbook web site (www.miami.edu/ibis) and register to re-take their yearbook photos. The yearbook staff will contact you with your scheduled time. Photos will take place from today until Feb 15 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and will take approximately 20 minutes per group. FYI, if you have applied for SAFAC money and fail to show up for your picture, you will forfeit your SAFAC money. Please contact the yearbook staff if you have any further questions.

Ambassador of the republic of belarus
The Ambassador of the Republic of Belarus, H.E. Valery V. Tsepkalo, will give a speech at the University of Miami. The Ambassador will discuss the current situation in Belarus, Belarus’ relationship to the former Soviet countries, and Belarus’ perspective on terrorism. Students and faculty are welcome to join us today at 10:30 a.m. at the Faculty Club Patio Room.

Black Awareness Month

today
CAC film at the Cosford Cinema-“Shallow Hal”.

Do you enjoy film, cultural events, food, and more? Join UM’s French Club (no language skills required). Our next meeting will be today at 5:30pm in UC 241. Elections for new officers will be held-Come get involved! If you can’t make it, e-mail umfrenchclub@hot.mail.com.

Delta Sigma Pi, one of the nation’s largest professional business fraternities is tabling for recruitment. They will also be hosting an informational meeting today from 6-7:30pm in UC237.

The Miami Hillel will hold its 4th annual Bid for the Bachelor fundraiser tonight at 8pm.

Wed 13th Feb
Karaoke Night at Rathskeller 7-9pm.

CAC & BAM film at the RAT, “The Wiz” at 9pm.

Legacy CD, make your own CD 11-5pm Lower Lounge.

Workshop: Managing midterms, term papers, and projects at 1pm.

Thurs 14 Feb
Lonely hearts comedy jam at Rathskeller at 9-11pm.

Workshop: Managing midterms, term papers, and projects at 12:30pm.

Study Abroad information session in UC Flamingo Ballroom A, 12-2pm today. Receive Valentine’s Day rose and hear from past participants about their adventure. For details contact 305-284-3434 or come by Allen hall 212.

Fri 15th Feb
Friday Grove on UC Patio from 11:30am-1pm-Rhumboogie.

Happy Hour at the Rathskeller from 4:30-8pm.

Today is the last day to apply for Summer 2002 graduation and have your name included in the Commencement Book.

Sat 16th Feb
Funday! Check-in on UC center patio.

The UM Equestrian Team is hosting its second annual IHSA Hunter Competition, at Tropical Park, today. The show will begin at 9 a.m. and runs all day. Admission is free and the show is open to the public. If you would like more information, contact Maria Angeles Linares at
305-284-2237 or e-mail mailto:mlinares@miami.edu.

Sun 17th Feb
WWF No way out! The Rathskeller from 7-9pm.

Mon 18th Feb
The Department of Psychology is hosting its second annual Community Lecture Series: Psychology in Film. The next film and discussion will be Tuesday’s with Morrie at the Storer Auditorium in the Business School. For more information call Undergraduate Academic Services for Psychology at 305-284-3303 or visit www.psy.miami.edu.

Info Fair and Sex Carnival today from 11am-4pm at the UC Patio. Come out and join the condom taste test or one of the other many games!

Quilts Processional today at 10:45am at the Rock-come and carry a quilt made to recognize someone who has died from the aids virus.

Tues 19th Feb
CAC film, “Monster’s Inc”.

Candlelight Vigil, today at 7pm at the Rock-join us for a quiet moment of reflection upon the lives of those living with aids, those we have lost to aids, and to renew a sense of advocacy and activism.

Wed 20th Feb
Comedian at the Rathskeller at 9pm.

A week for Life will host Jeanne White, the mother of Ryan White who became the face of AIDS in the 1980’s as one of the earliest reported child cases of the disease. Students, faculty and staff are invited to come and hear her speak today at the Wesley Foundation at 8pm.

Thurs 21st Feb
African Students Union (ASU); Come learn about African culture, dances, and songs. Open to all UM students. Meetings are every other Friday in UC classrooms. Next meeting will be today in UC233. For more information contact Alta Louissaint at 305-689-9699.

Coffee House. The Wesley Foundation is the place to be every Thursday night. Come and enjoy live bands, free coffee, and a relaxing atmosphere. Tonight the Coffee House will be welcoming the wonderful jazz combo, “Apple Juice” to the stage. So take a study-break from 9-11p.m. on Thursday nights at the Coffee House.

Delta Sigma Pi; One of the Nations Largest Professional Business Fraternity is sponsoring a T-Spot (Thursday night party) at the Rathskeller tonight from 9p.m.-12a.m..

Fri 22nd Feb
Friday Groove from 11:30a.m.-1p.m.; “Tower of Power Ensemble”

Happy Hour at the Rat with a DJ from 4:30-8p.m.

Life Party tonight at 10p.m. at the Rathskeller-come party! They are celebrating Life! There will be music, food, and fun

Sat 23rd Feb
Athletic Department and Intramurals; Papa John is sponsoring a Celebrity two-ball competition at the Miami Arena today during the men’s basketball game against Notre Dame. Participation is free to all UM students and faculty. Three contestants will be paired with a local celebrity. For more information call Derek Stocker at 305-284-2943.

Mon 25th Feb
Body Wise Week at the Wellness Center.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...