Entertainment News

Late night talk show host Conan O’Brien is reportedly close to signing a deal with NBC that would pay him $8 million a year, doubling his current salary. The contract would be the biggest paycheck ever for a host in the 12:35 a.m. time slot.

R. Kelly is under investigation for a video tape that has allegedly surfaced, showing the 35-year-old R&B signer in a sexual act with a minor. The video was sent anonymously to the Illinois State Attorney’s office and Chicago Sun-Times. Kelly, whose short marriage to a 15-year old Aaliyah avoided widespread press, is currently facing a slew of similar lawsuits.

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s new action film Collateral Damage grossed $15.2 million last weekend, enough to power its way to the number one spot at the North American box office. The movie spent more than four months on the shelf for a terrorist plot line that was deemed untimely after the Sept. 11 attacks. It is the 54-year- old actor’s first number one film since 1997’s Batman and Robin. Big Fat Liar starring Frankie Muniz, of Malcolm in the Middle fame, arrived at number two, followed by the mega-flop Rollerball starring Ladies Love Cool James.

Proving many TV analysts wrong, the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics last Friday night attracted almost a quarter of the nation, giving it the highest debut for a Winter and even Summer Games broadcast in history.

Nineteen-year-old actor Brad Renfro was sentenced to 90 days of rehab by a Florida judge, after he violated a probation agreement and turned himself in for drinking and driving. Renfro, the star of the recent and acclaimed indie films Ghost World and Bully, has been involved with numerous run-ins with the law, the most serious being an attempt to steal a luxury yacht from a Fort Lauderdale dock two years ago.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...