Entertainment News

February 8
Polo Jeans’ men and women’s Spring/Summer 2002 Collection Preview with music by DJ JoJo Odyssey at Level. Show starts at 10 p.m. with an open bar until 11 p.m. For info visit www.levelnightclub.com.

Experimental rockers The Effect and Faller performing live, as well as listening parties for the new Hefner and Chemical Brothers’ albums at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Highway. For information call 305-661-9099.

February 8-10
Magician David Copperfield will be performing at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show times vary. Tickets are $27.50-46.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 9
Bob Marley Festival with Lauryn Hill, DMX, AZ, Erykah Badu, and the Marley Family at Virginia Key Beach. Tickets are $22.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

The Dead Kennedys without Jello Biafra performing at Orbit. Tickets are $16.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 11
Little Leroy’s Lyrical Lounge featuring performances by Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh. Also featuring disc jockeys Irie, Epps, Khaled and Sugar at Level. Show starts at 11 p.m.

February 12
Shallow Hal starring Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow playing at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 305-284-4606.

February 16
Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band will be performing at the National Car Rental Center. Tickets are $28.50-59.50. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 954-523-3309.

February 24
Le Tigre featuring Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and the Butchies performing at the Polish American Club, 1250 N.W. 22nd Ave. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 7:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.epoplife.com.

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Assuming he follows through on his commitment to the University of Miami, Class of 2019 tight end La ...

For those University of Miami fans praying that redshirt freshman N'Kosi Perry unseats veteran ...

Oklahoma sophomore guard Kameron McGusty and Wyoming freshman guard Anthony Mack are transferring to ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

Freshman Chris McMahon delivered eight dominant innings on the hill in his second collegiate start, ...

Michelle Atherley kicked off the women's heptathlon at the Bryan Clay Invitational with an exce ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Malik Rosier entered the spring as the incumbent, but a trio of quarterbacks are pushing him as the ...

University of Miami head rowing coach Dave Sanderson announced Wednesday the signing of Catherine No ...