Entertainment News

February 8
Polo Jeans’ men and women’s Spring/Summer 2002 Collection Preview with music by DJ JoJo Odyssey at Level. Show starts at 10 p.m. with an open bar until 11 p.m. For info visit www.levelnightclub.com.

Experimental rockers The Effect and Faller performing live, as well as listening parties for the new Hefner and Chemical Brothers’ albums at Revolver, 5922 S. Dixie Highway. For information call 305-661-9099.

February 8-10
Magician David Copperfield will be performing at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show times vary. Tickets are $27.50-46.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 9
Bob Marley Festival with Lauryn Hill, DMX, AZ, Erykah Badu, and the Marley Family at Virginia Key Beach. Tickets are $22.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

The Dead Kennedys without Jello Biafra performing at Orbit. Tickets are $16.50. For information, call 305-358-5885.

February 11
Little Leroy’s Lyrical Lounge featuring performances by Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh. Also featuring disc jockeys Irie, Epps, Khaled and Sugar at Level. Show starts at 11 p.m.

February 12
Shallow Hal starring Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow playing at the Bill Cosford Cinema. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 305-284-4606.

February 16
Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band will be performing at the National Car Rental Center. Tickets are $28.50-59.50. Show starts at 8 p.m. For information, call 954-523-3309.

February 24
Le Tigre featuring Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and the Butchies performing at the Polish American Club, 1250 N.W. 22nd Ave. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 7:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.epoplife.com.