Entertainment News

A small amount of cocaine that was found in the body of Ted Demme (Blow) might have triggered the director’s recent fatal heart attack, according to the Los Angeles coroner’s office. Demme suffered the stroke while participating in a charity basketball game and died soon after. He was 38 years old.

Actress and accused shoplifter Winona Ryder is facing steep charges for the $4,760 worth of clothes she reportedly try to sneak out of a Saks Fifth Avenue, along with unprescribed painkillers police found in her purse. If convicted on all four charges sought against her, Ryder could face up over three years in state prison.

Seven years after he mysteriously vanished, Richard James Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers has been officially declared dead by the British government. Edwards is the subject of much debate, leaving many skeptics and fans to site the musician’s affinity for reclusive author J.D. Salinger and the numerous ATM withdrawls from his account shortly before his disappearance as evidence that he is still alive.

Black Hawk Down continued its surveillance at the top of the box office, taking in $11.5 million in its third weekend. No one with a life went to see the film Slackers, starring cult hero Jason Schwartzman, and the older Pete from Pete and Pete, which opened with a pitiful $3 million gross.

Mary J. Blige, who performed at last Sunday’s Super Bowl, is getting married to her boyfriend, whose identity she declined to mention. This will be the 31-year old singer’s first marriage and the catalyst for a hundred more songs about the female spirit.

Beck is in the studio working with kitschy cool producer Dan “The Automator” Nakamura on his next untitled album. Nakamura is known on the college radio circuit for his indulgent musical blueprint projects like Gorillaz, Deltron 3030, and Handsome Boy Modeling School.

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Assuming he follows through on his commitment to the University of Miami, Class of 2019 tight end La ...

For those University of Miami fans praying that redshirt freshman N'Kosi Perry unseats veteran ...

Oklahoma sophomore guard Kameron McGusty and Wyoming freshman guard Anthony Mack are transferring to ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

Freshman Chris McMahon delivered eight dominant innings on the hill in his second collegiate start, ...

Michelle Atherley kicked off the women's heptathlon at the Bryan Clay Invitational with an exce ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Malik Rosier entered the spring as the incumbent, but a trio of quarterbacks are pushing him as the ...

University of Miami head rowing coach Dave Sanderson announced Wednesday the signing of Catherine No ...