Elections for SG in 3 weeks

A new year, a new administration. Student Government elections for a new president and various senate positions begins in less than a month on Feb. 25.
Filing for the elections began Jan. 31st and the deadline to turn in an application for an SG position is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. in the SG office in UC 209
The elections for the Executive Board include the positions of President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.
Names of candidates and tickets will not be released until Friday, according to the SG Elections Commission Committee, after which graphic campaigning begins.
The Elections Commission is a subsidiary branch of Student Government that works independently to oversee the undergraduate Student Government Elections process.
The organization is responsible for publicizing the elections, creating candidates’ election packets, coordinating all meetings regarding the election’s process, and managing all polling sites.
In addition, the Commission investigates all election code violations and forwards them to the Student Government
Elections last for three days, Feb. 25-27 and the results will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. at the Rathskeller, said elections commission committee members.
The student senate includes over 40 senators, two-thirds of whom are elected by their school, residential area, or academic class.
The other third is appointed by student organizations.

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...