News Briefs and Campus Calendar

mortar board senior honor society
Mortar Board Senior Honor Society is looking forward to tapping this years 2002 Class of outstanding Seniors. Before the actual tapping there is a period for nominations to go out. Nominations are out until Feb. 14th they are available in the Academic Development center. MortarBoard Senior Honor Society is the second highest honor society at the University of Miami. They stand for leadership, scholarship and service.

Orientation coordinators wanted
Becoming an Orientation Coordinator! If you are looking for a leadership role in Orientation and were once an OA, please pass by the Office of Orientation and Commuter Student Affairs to pick up an OC application and signup for an interview. OCs will be responsible for a small group of OAs and are involved in planning and staffing. Any questions? Call 305-284-5646. Applications are due Feb. 8th by 5 p.m.

Black Awareness Month

Today
Friday Grove on UC Patio from 11:30am-1pm.

Happy Hour at the Rathskeller from 4:30-8pm- Erica Summers.

Saturday 2 February
Alpha Kappa Psi is holding a BBQ as a recruiting activity today at noon at Tropical Park, Shelter #3. For more information e-mail ERH82@aol.com

Monday 4 February
Guns N Violence Awareness Campaign

Application deadline for UM Ambassadors.

Tuesday 5 February
Asian Music Students Concert (various artists) today at 8pm-10:30pm at Victor E. Clarke Recital Hall in the L. Austin Weeks Center. Admission is free.

CAC sneak peek at the Cosford Cinema from 9-11pm: Collateral Damage.

Senior orientation from 12-1pm at Toppel Career Center library.

Women’s Resource Center open house at 4:30-5:30pm at UC room 224.

Wednesday 6 February
Open mic/ poetry night with BAM at the Rathskeller from 7-9pm.

Workshop: Getting the most from reading your textbooks at 1pm.

Tibetan Monks perform “Sacred Music and Sacred Dance for World Healing” tonight at 8pm in the Gusman Concert Hall. Doors open at 7:30pm, event is free to UM students while $5 for other students/seniors and $8 for general admission. VIP passes available in UC 206 (preferred seating). For more information contact Breana Burkett at 305-284-4606.

Karaoke Kraziness. A fun musical event in the Allen Hall courtyard from 12-1pm … we’re looking for all IEP students to participate. Talk to Maria in the IEP office for more information and lyrics to Karaoke songs. (This event is open to IEP students only.)

Join the Wellness Center today between 5-7pm in its Atrium for Healthy Heart Day, an event providing information to protect both aspects of your heart-physical and emotional. Information will be available on nutrition, healthy relationships, and preventing sexual transmitted infections and sexual assault. For more information call 305-284-6524.

Thursday 7 February
Workshop: Getting the most from reading your textbooks at 12:30pm.

Friday 8 February

Senior orientation from 2-3pm at Toppel Career Center library.

Applications for Orientation and Commuter Affairs are due today at 5pm.

Tuesday 12 February
CAC film at the Cosford Cinema.

Wednesday 13th February
Karaoke Night at Rathskeller

Workshop: Managing midterms, term papers, and projects at 1pm.

Thursday 14 February
Lonely hearts comedy jam at Rathskeller at 9-11pm.

Workshop: Managing midterms, term papers, and projects at 12:30pm.

Friday 15th February

Saturday 16th February
Funday! Check-in on UC center patio.

Sunday 17th February
WWF No way out! At the Rathskeller from 7-9pm.

Monday 18th February
The Department of Psychology is hosting its second annual Community Lecture Series: Psychology in Film. The next film and discussion will be Tuesday’s with Morrie at the Storer Auditorium in the Business School. For more information call Undergraduate Academic Services for Psychology at 305-284-3303 or visit www.psy.miami.edu.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...