Intramural Sports

Soccer Playoffs:

Women’s Independent Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
UMSM Women- 1

UMSM- 2
Almost Legal- 1

Latin America F.C.- 3
ISUM- 1

Alpha Sigma Phi- 2 (PK)
Zeta Beta Tau- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 1
Alpha Epsilon Pi- 0

Panhellenic Championship:
Delta Phi Epsilon- 2
Delta Delta Delta- 0

Men’s Independent Championship:
UMSM- 2 (PK)
Latin America F.C. – 1

Fraternity Championship:
Lambda Chi Alpha- 4
Alpha Sigma Phi- 1

Women’s Overall Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
Delta Phi Epsilon- 0

Men’s Overall Championship:
UMSM- 1 (OT)
Lambda Chi Alpha- 0

On Tuesday January 29, 2002 the Intramural Women’s Soccer Championship game was played on the Yaron Fields at 9:30 p.m. The contenders this year were the women’s open champion Knee Breakers (a.k.a. The Women’s Soccer Club) and the Panhellenic Champion Delta Phi Epsilon. Both teams held undefeated records coming into the match on Tuesday. The first score of the game came in the middle of the first half when the Knee Breakers put together a nice passing set going down the left side of the field. The score came when Chelsea Brewer gave a nice crossing pass to Carrie Readey in front of the goal and the score was made. Later in the half Delta Phi Epsilon had a chance to tie things up before heading into halftime with a penalty kick. Tiffany Tupler, the Knee Breakers goalie, came through and saved the ball to keep her team ahead 1-0 heading into halftime. Towards the end of the second half the Knee Breakers struck again. Mary Lisec was able to get her ball past the goalie this time. The final score 2-0 Knee Breakers. Congratulations to the 2002 Intramurals Women’s Soccer Champion the Knee Breakers.
Congratulations to the Knee Breakers and UMSM as the 2001 Intramural Soccer Champions!
January 28, 2002:
UMVC- 2
Eaton- 0

Wild Sets- 2
Maniacs- 1

Eaton- 2
Walking Wounded- 1

UMVC- 2
Wild Sets- 0

January 29, 2002:
Kappa Sigma- 2
Phi Delta Theta- 0

Sigma Alpha Mu- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Phi Delta Theta- 2
Sigma Alpha Mu- 1

Kappa Sigma- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Sigma Phi Epsilon- 2
Sigma Chi- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Sigma Phi Epsilon- 0

Sigma Chi- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...