Intramural Sports

Soccer Playoffs:

Women’s Independent Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
UMSM Women- 1

UMSM- 2
Almost Legal- 1

Latin America F.C.- 3
ISUM- 1

Alpha Sigma Phi- 2 (PK)
Zeta Beta Tau- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 1
Alpha Epsilon Pi- 0

Panhellenic Championship:
Delta Phi Epsilon- 2
Delta Delta Delta- 0

Men’s Independent Championship:
UMSM- 2 (PK)
Latin America F.C. – 1

Fraternity Championship:
Lambda Chi Alpha- 4
Alpha Sigma Phi- 1

Women’s Overall Championship:
Knee Breakers- 2
Delta Phi Epsilon- 0

Men’s Overall Championship:
UMSM- 1 (OT)
Lambda Chi Alpha- 0

On Tuesday January 29, 2002 the Intramural Women’s Soccer Championship game was played on the Yaron Fields at 9:30 p.m. The contenders this year were the women’s open champion Knee Breakers (a.k.a. The Women’s Soccer Club) and the Panhellenic Champion Delta Phi Epsilon. Both teams held undefeated records coming into the match on Tuesday. The first score of the game came in the middle of the first half when the Knee Breakers put together a nice passing set going down the left side of the field. The score came when Chelsea Brewer gave a nice crossing pass to Carrie Readey in front of the goal and the score was made. Later in the half Delta Phi Epsilon had a chance to tie things up before heading into halftime with a penalty kick. Tiffany Tupler, the Knee Breakers goalie, came through and saved the ball to keep her team ahead 1-0 heading into halftime. Towards the end of the second half the Knee Breakers struck again. Mary Lisec was able to get her ball past the goalie this time. The final score 2-0 Knee Breakers. Congratulations to the 2002 Intramurals Women’s Soccer Champion the Knee Breakers.
Congratulations to the Knee Breakers and UMSM as the 2001 Intramural Soccer Champions!
January 28, 2002:
UMVC- 2
Eaton- 0

Wild Sets- 2
Maniacs- 1

Eaton- 2
Walking Wounded- 1

UMVC- 2
Wild Sets- 0

January 29, 2002:
Kappa Sigma- 2
Phi Delta Theta- 0

Sigma Alpha Mu- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Phi Delta Theta- 2
Sigma Alpha Mu- 1

Kappa Sigma- 2
Pi Kappa Alpha- 0 (Forfeit)

Sigma Phi Epsilon- 2
Sigma Chi- 1

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Lambda Chi Alpha- 2
Sigma Phi Epsilon- 0

Sigma Chi- 2
Alpha Sigma Phi- 0

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...