Redford & Pitt show off

This is interesting: The two men responsible for Brad Pitt’s fame are Ridley Scott and Robert Redford. It was Scott who cast Pitt as the blonde bombshell who tempts Thelma and Louise in, duh, Thelma & Louise. Redford came along and gave Pitt one of his first leading roles in A River Runs Through It. It’s been almost ten years since then, and now Redford and Pitt are finally on screen together in a film directed by Ridley’s brother, Tony.

Robert Redford, looking older than water, plays Nathan Muir, an experienced CIA agent who is on his last day on the job. He’s all set to turn in his stuff and go to the Bahamas to enjoy his last years on earth, when he gets wind of some bad news. Tom Bishop, the man he trained into a great undercover agent, got arrested in China on a non-sponsored CIA operation and is being held hostage for espionage, and it couldn’t have come at a worse time.

Relations between the United States and China are not too good, and the CIA is looking for any reason to just let Bishop rot. So they call up Muir to clue them in on why Bishop turned rogue, and Muir offers his story on how he recruited and trained Bishop through a series of flashbacks.

Now usually, when a movie is told in flashbacks, it’s just a cheap gimmick to give unnecessary back story, but here it works. The flashbacks are filmed well and they clue us in to Muir and Bishop’s teacher/student relationship. Muir teaches his young prot

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...